Dettol Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help you? Here you can find our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please use the search bar on our website or contact us.
- Antibacterial and 24 hours germ protection
- mildly medicated
- For hygienically clean skin
- Protects your skin, leaving it reassuringly clean.
Dettol is ideal for use in the bath or shower, as well as for washing your hands. You can use it daily to cleanse your body and protect against the bacteria that cause body odour and skin infections. Good skin hygiene is essential for those who have broken skin (e.g. grazes), spots or other conditions that leave the skin prone to infections. Dettol Antibacterial Soap protects the skin and leaves it reassuringly clean.
Dettol Antibacterial Soaps protects 24 hours from germs.
Dettol Antibacterial Soaps are recommended to help keep skin clean and healthy. It protects you 24 hours nonstop from germs. Use regularly to combat the bacteria that can cause body odour and help safeguard against hand-borne infections
Ordinary soaps do not contain germ-fighting ingredients. The antibacterial ingredients in Dettol Antibacterial Soaps protect 24 hours from germs.
Our hands provide one of the main ways for infections to spread. Whenever we touch a contaminated surface, such as a toilet flush handle, a soiled nappy, a waste bin or raw food, our hands can become covered with harmful bacteria. If we touch our eyes, nose, mouth, or food, we will transfer these bacteria inside our bodies where they can make us ill. Washing our hands removes the bacteria from our hands. It is one of the most effective ways of protecting ourselves from infections.
It is ideal for cleaning your hands and body.
How often you wash your hands depends on what you are doing. To reduce the risk of infections, you should always wash your hands;
- Immediately before handling or eating food
- Immediately after handling raw food, especially meat and poultry
- After using the toilet or changing a nappy
- After contact with blood or body fluids (e.g. vomit, saliva, nasal secretions)
- After you cough or sneeze
- After touching animals or their equipment
- After touching a contaminated area (e.g., rubbish bin, cleaning cloth, drain, soil)
- Before dressing a wound, giving medicines, or putting contact lenses in
- Whenever they look dirty.
For hygienic handwashing:
- Wet your hands under warm running water.
- Rub the soap between your hands until the lather develops.
- Rub your hands together, ensuring that you cover all surfaces of your hands with the soap, then rinse thoroughly with clean running water.
Dettol Antibacterial Soap can be used for personal hygiene.
The production of Dettol Soaps in Pakistan is done on the state of the art manufacturing facilities and ingredients meeting international quality control standards. Further details about product ingredients and formulations are confidential.
For external use only, avoid contact with eyes.
- Dilute 34ml per half litre of water (2 capfuls per 500 ml of water) for all hard surfaces.
- Gently mop the surface.
- Dilute 68 ml per half litre of water (4 capfuls per 500 ml of water).
- Leave the diluted mixture for 5 minutes on the surface before wiping.
Tough Stain Cleaning:
- Apply undiluted with cloth or sponge and wipe the surface clean.
Yes. It’s the same brand, but a newer improved version of the product and now has a 3X improved formulation of cleaning, disinfecting and foaming.
Please immediately visit your nearest medical centre/ hospital for urgent medical attention.
Yes, our Dettol Anti-Septic Liquid (ASL) is effective 99.9% against COVID-19 virus as per 3rd Party Test Results (https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(20)30313-8/pdf).
For effective results of Anti-Septic Liquid (ASL), Please, see usage instructions on the pack. The contact time for ASL is 5 minutes, and you can add 50ml Dettol ASL in 1ltr water.
The product is now available in stores and online.
What is the product range like and how much does it cost?
The product is a pressurized can that holds disinfectant formula inside which should be used and stored as per on-pack instructions. It is available in Morning Dew fragrance and a 450ml can is priced at Rs. 750.
It disinfects/sanitizes the surfaces mentioned on the pack, depends on how you use it.
Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects—either by killing them or removing them—to a safe level, according to public health standards or requirements.
Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces or objects.
Yes, the product is proven 99.9% effective against CoVid-19 virus as per 3rd party testing results. Contact time: 5 mins. For details, please see: https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(20)30313-8/fulltext
- ASL is predominantly an antiseptic which can be used for open cuts & wounds while DDS cannot be used as an antiseptic or on the body.
- ASL has other uses such as disinfection for laundry, bathing, surface and shaving.
- DDS is a ready to use option while ASL should be diluted in water before use.
As per AJIC data, the product is effective against new strains of CoVid-19.
Please follow on pack instructions only. Ensure not to expose it to temperatures exceeding 50 degrees.
Ideally not – please follow on pack instructions only.
Please follow on pack instructions only.
1. In the kitchen?
2. For/around children?
a. Not applicable on skin
3. Around edible items?
a. Yes, but rinse the those items if they are used for food after using DDS
4. On pet utensils?
a. Yes, but rinse after using DDS
5. Where I place my generator?
a. Keep it away from fire or hot surfaces/areas.
6. On people?
a. Not applicable on skin
7. On clothes?
8. On shoes?
9. On Kitchen appliances?
10. On make-up brushes?