If you have an oily skin, you might have to face the shiny, greasy skin with the cruel acne breakouts. No, it’s not really about what you’re eating. There is absolutely no research that suggests that oily skin or acne breakouts are due to the consumption of oily foods. In reality, a person is born with oily skin so there isn’t much one can do or not do to obtain or get rid of oily skin.
Things to do
Do not worry because there are a lot of ways through which you can manage oily skin:
• Dermatologists suggest that an effective way to control oily skin is to use cleansers twice a day. But people with oily skin should use gentle cleansers because harsher ones would trigger more oil production on the skin. If the normal cleansers don’t really work, you are to try cleansers with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid. Products containing these acids are used for eliminating acne.
• Use an oil-free sunscreen: Normal sunscreens tend to be thick and can block pores so this poses a problem for people with oily skin. It is essential to protect your skin from sun so using an oil-free sunscreen would be of great help for people with oily skin.
• To use foundations free of oil: Now you can avoid creating more of a shine on your skin and possibly clogging your pores by making sure that the foundation that you use is oil-free.
• By applying masks and clays on the skin to draw out the excess oil and to clean pores is an effective way to manage oily skin but there is a concern of over drying your skin. So it is advised to apply it only on the problem areas and occasionally.
• Also, go and consult your dermatologist, it is better to discuss your facial problems with an expert. 
Things not to do
It is equally important to know what not to do then knowing how to perfectly manage your oily skin. So here’s what experts think you all should avoid:
• Avoid using creamy or milky cleansers, these type of cleansers deposit extra lipidswhich makes the skin even oilier.
• Avoid moisturizing your skin a lot. If you do want to moisturize your skin go for oil-free moisturizers.
• Do not over wash your skin. If you wash your face too much, this would really strip your skin off of its vital oils. It could also cause your skin to become red and raw.
Knowing what to do with your oily skin is quite important so follow the above tips and work towards a healthier skin. 
 Sara Calabro. Oily Skin Dos and Don'ts. URL
 Peter Jaret .How to Manage Oily Skin. URL